Common bacterial, fungal & parasitic infections
Here is a collection of the most commonly assessed bacterial, fungal & parasitic infections in OSCEs and even up until training year exams!
This guide covers the following information:
- What the infection is- including common symptoms
- Key organism culprits which cause the infection
- How the infection can be prevented & whether or not it is contagious
- Differential diagnoses
- When to refer
- Pharmacological treatment & whether or not the infection is self-limiting
- Practical self-care tips
- References for all the images and links of where you can do extra reading
Infomation is all based on the latest clinical recommendations from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines as of January 2021
Happy studying friends! 🙂
By purchasing this study guide you adhere to the following terms and conditions: you agree that this guide and other media produced by PharmlifewithJane are supplementary resources and should not be used to replace course material or resources from your educational institution.
Examples used in this guide are for educational use only and are not intended to be used as medical advice.
All attempts have been made to ensure validity and accuracy, however there is no guarantee of validity of accuracy. The author does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever on behalf of any purchaser or reader of these guides.
All rights reserved. You agree to not reproduce, distribute or share any of this material; they are for personal use only.