Antibiotics play a pivotal role in the management and prophyaxis of infections- no wonder they are a high-risk drug!
All relevant resources utilised in making this guide are included for you to do extra reading.
Any brand names of drugs have been excluded to allow for the guide’s use on an international scale.
The guide begins with the laying basics about antibiotics from individual pages illustrating:
- The different antibiotic classes and easy ways to remember them with suffixes
- How organisms are classified- Gram-positive vs Gram-negative vs Anaerobes. This is displayed as a Venn-diagram to make it easy to recall!
- A mind-map of the key antibiotic modes of action
- Summary of antibiotics used to treat common adult infections- including common dosage
The guide also includes detailed notes of all the key antibiotics you can come across:
A unique feature is the inclusion of cheat sheets which include the following:
- Key antibiotic side effects
- MHRA antibiotic alerts
- A Venn diagram showing which antibiotics are safe in pregnancy vs those which aren’t
- Antibiotics with seizure potential
- Antibiotics which prolong the QT interval
- AND MORE!
By purchasing this study guide you adhere to the following terms and conditions: you agree that this guide and other media produced by PharmlifewithJane are supplementary resources and should not be used to replace course material or resources from your educational institution.
Examples used in this guide are for educational use only and are not intended to be used as medical advice.
All attempts have been made to ensure validity and accuracy, however there is no guarantee of validity of accuracy. The author does not assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever on behalf of any purchaser or reader of these guides.
All rights reserved. You agree to not reproduce, distribute or share any of this material; they are for personal use only.
Common bacterial, fungal & parasitic infectionsRated 5.00 out of 5
£17.70Add to cart
Diabetes Study Guide + revision flashcards
£25.00Add to cart
Over 25 Common Medication Calculations!Rated 5.00 out of 5
£20.00Add to cart
Cardiovascular System GuideRated 5.00 out of 5
£20.00Add to cart